Checklist to start keto-dieting
In summary, if you decide to take the path of keto, you need to know and follow a few simple rules.
- First, establish a balance of water. You should drink at least 2–3 liters of clean water per day and distribute this amount evenly throughout the day.
- You should be eating 70/20/10 meals and eating protein in the range of 0.6 – 1 gr per 1 kg of your current weight. If you exercise, you can increase your protein by 20%. Watch the proportion!
- You should eat whole foods, not fried, very salty and smoked.
- Remove ALL snacks! Cappuccino is also a snack! Eat full portions, according to hunger. Such proportions should be not only at the end of the day, but also at the end of each meal!
- Simultaneously with the change of diet, start taking electrolytes according to the instructions of supplements: potassium, magnesium, sodium (uncooked sea salt).
- After the first or second week, you may begin to feel weak – this is the most difficult period, you just need to wait it out and help the body cleanse: drink sorbents, Chlorophyll, vitamin C for energy or L-carnitine, amino acids (BCAAs). What day will you go into ketosis? Most often this happens on the 4-5th day. You can measure ketones in keto-strips.
Contraindications for ketogenic nutrition
- Type 1 diabetes;
- Impaired kidney function or cardiac deficiency;
- Breastfeeding comprises more than 50% of the baby’s diet (without complementary foods).